Reception or In-year Admissions
If you are interested in your child joining us, either in our main intake into Reception or at any other time, please do come along and visit us. If you would like to make an appointment to visit, please contact Ali Brocksom here at the school (01392 445403 ext 222/ firstname.lastname@example.org).
If we can make a place available to you then we will. If not, you would have the right to appeal to a panel that is independent of the school and we would place your child’s name on a waiting list for vacancies.
We have our own admissions policy because we are an Academy school and have responsibility for admissions decisions. Our policy is reviewed every year – we take part in the Council’s annual consultation in December and January and welcome the views of our local community.
If we have a vacancy then all children are welcome to join us. If we are oversubscribed, we still welcome all children but give priority to particular groups:
2. Children for whom an exceptional medical or social need to attend this school is demonstrated.
3. Baptised Catholic children.
4. Children with at least one parent who is a baptised Catholic.
5. Children with siblings already in the school at the point of application.
6. Children whose parents are enrolled at the point of application in a programme of preparation for their child’s baptism into the Catholic Church.
7. Children who are members of another Christian denomination from a recognised Christian Church.
8. Children who are members of another recognised faith tradition.
9. Children whose parents’ preference for the school is because they wish their child to experience faith-centred education.
10. Other children.
In the event of a tie in any category places will be determined based on
We only use these oversubscription criteria when we are oversubscribed. For full details of our admission arrangements, please look at our admissions policies.
We take part in the co-ordinated admissions schemes of Devon County Council which help parents to make applications for admission to school. Parents can apply through Devon for in-year admissions and through the local authority where the child lives for the normal round of admissions. We will also ask you to complete a Supplementary Information Form (SIF) with confirmation from a priest or minister to demonstrate that your child should have higher priority on faith or staff grounds. The SIF is included in the policy documents.