Early Years Entitlement
From the term after their third birthday until they start school, your child is entitled to up to 570 hours of free early learning and childcare each year, known as the Early Years Entitlement.
You can use these hours in our Nursery, Breakfast and After School Club. Additional hours can be purchased for £4.20 per hour.
You can use a minimum of 2.5 hours and a maximum of 10 hours a day. At St Nicholas School we offer Nursery provision between 7.45am and 6.00pm.
Some families are eligible for 30 hours free early learning and childcare per week. Please see the information at the bottom of this page to find out how to check eligibility and how to apply.
Check the table below to see when your child is eligible for funding:
|Child born between||Entitled from:|
|1 April and 31 August||Start of autumn term after their third birthday until they go to school|
|1 September and 31 December||Start of spring term after their third birthday until they go to school|
|1 January and 31 March||
Start of summer term after their third birthday until they go to school
1. Looked after children and children who were previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to adoption, a child arrangements order, or special guardianship order.
2. Children based on their exceptional medical (see page 9 & 10) or social needs or those of their parents.
3. Children who are Baptised Catholic. (See note 2)
4. Children who are siblings of pupils on roll at this school.
5. Children who are members of any other faith.
6. Children of members of staff:
a) Where the member of staff has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the school is made, and/or
b) The member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
7. Other children.